Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 - Cold Day at the Beach


Day 3 - Cold Day at the Beach, originally uploaded by Brina1300.

This photo was taken at Coquina Beach, in Florida. I titled it A Cold Day at the Beach because it was about 47° F. I really didn't expect to find a soul out there. A lovely woman visiting from Indiana was all bundled up asked if I traveled very far to come to the beach? I told her I lived in town and I had come to take photos. Ashamed, I admitted I lived less than 5 miles away and hadn’t been to the beach in over 6 months. I came down to the beach, my last day of vacation, to take photos for this challenge. She said I really should take time to enjoy the things around me more and encouraged me to visit the beach more often. I told her about the 365-Day Photo Challenge. I expect to be recording and enjoying the beauty around me more because a cold day at the beach is still a day at the beach.

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful thing about this challenge. It really does get you seeking the beauty that is around you. Thanks for sharing your cold day at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I completed all 365 days of photos in 2009 and loved how I began seeing the beauty around me that I had never noticed before. This year I hope to branch out to new local places, like you I often don't take advantage of beauty nearby. I look forward to following your photos this year!

    ReplyDelete